Background

Thursday, May 28, 2015

TGIRD...(Thank God It's Rest Day)!!!

This 2nd week of Phase 1 of the Muscle Building program has been pretty tough! Between calculating macros(never done before), doing 4 sets of 15 reps(I am used to 3 sets of 5 reps) and adding lots of cardio(haven't done much of that lately), it has been challenging to say the least. And let me tell you....Leg Day is NO JOKE!!!


Seriously, I had to walk down the stairs BACKWARDS and even sitting on the toilet was painful. But, it's getting better and I am seeing changes in my body already, so I am super happy about it.

Speaking of changes, and it the interest of full disclosure, here are my "Before" pics:


Front - Before Flex
Right Side - Before

Left Side - Before

Back - Before

Back - Flex
Now that I have recovered from the trauma of "putting myself out there", here is what I have been up to:
This was my first day for HIIT Cardio, I did Treadmill Sprints.

Shoulder Day! 

In the pic above, there is an entry called "Swiss Ball Pikes". In case you don't know what that is, let me explain:

  1. Get a Swiss Ball (Yoga Ball, Stress Ball, Labor Ball...big blow up ball you sit on)
  2. TRY to gracefully get on the ball with your legs resting on the ball and hands/arms in push up position (Try is the operative word)
  3. Simultaneously, pull your feet forward and push your butt upwards, while not falling off the ball (easier said that done)
  4. Repeat 14 more times (if you can, without stopping)
  5. Repeat Steps 1-4 three more times
Here is a video showing me doing said maneuver:




I will spare you the sight of me getting OFF the ball... :)

Until next time!

Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment